1Password doesn't work on FundraiseUp forms

Options
mixture
mixture
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Check for example: https://www.madeofmillions.com (click Donate at the bottom).

Same applies for any pop up modal forms using FundraiseUp (their website is fundraiseup.com).

Basically nothing happens on these forms with 1Password, no context menu pops up for 1Password, no 1Password icon comes up, etc...

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: macOS 14.2
Browser: Firefox 120.0.1

Comments

• Hello @mixture! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue. Just to confirm: on madeofmillions.com are you specifically referring to the credit card form that appears when you try to donate? If you are then I've reproduced this issue and filed a report with our development team.

For the time being, you can click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, click on your credit card, and then click Autofill to fill your payment information.

Same applies for any pop up modal forms using FundraiseUp (their website is fundraiseup.com).

Can you tell me how I can get to those other modals? On madeofmillions.com I only see one titled "Join the community" and 1Password appeared in the username and password fields of that prompt.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26814

• mixture
    mixture
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dave_1P - yes, I mean the credit card form that appears when you try to donate.

What I meant by the "same applies for any pop up modal forms using FundraiseUp" comment is that any website that uses FundraiseUp-provided pop up modal windows, the same issue with 1Password happens, i.e. can't fill normally (the Autofill tip you gave me works fine though!)

So basically Fundraiseup.com is a software provider, and nonprofits use it to add forms to their websites.

Check this for more info:

https://fundraiseup.com/docs/elements/

The problem with 1Password is regarding FundraiseUp's "checkout modal".

There are thousands of websites out there using FundraiseUp's checkout modal feature, so getting this fixed on the 1Password side is a nice thing to have.

Thanks very much! Have a very Merry Christmas!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mixture

Thank you for the kind words, I hope that you had a Merry Christmas as well. I've asked our developers to look into FundraiseUp so that we can make sure to get this fixed for all affected websites. 🙂

-Dave