Firefox 2.18.2 disappeared?

Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Sorry to post about this again, but I was going to update some other devices I have today and Firefox is showing 2.15.1 again... (crying)

Any idea what happened?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @moonpup! 👋

Thanks for flagging this. Our team is looking into the situation and we'll post an update when we can.

For now, you can continue to use 2.18.2 on devices where you updated 1Password, and 2.15.1 on devices that haven't been updated yet. Both versions are safe to use.

-Dave

• blubell
    blubell
    Community Member
    Options

Any guessestimate as to when 2.18.x will be available? 2.15 does not work with Disney websites or RCCL/Celebrity websites (probably others).

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there!

Any updates on getting 2.18.2 back and available in Firefox? Weird, that it was only available for one day.

• blubell
    blubell
    Community Member
    Options

This is what 1Password sent to me in regards to 2.18.x on Firefox

My apologies for the frustration, the current 1Password extension version available in Firefox is 2.15.1, which is a few updates behind Chrome and Safari. One of our Developers, Nolan, has provided an explanation in a Reddit post regarding why that is the case. I'll quote him here for convenience:

We've been going back & forth with Mozilla on trying to get our extension approved for release. Mozilla has flagged one of our settings as not adhering to their policies under https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/publish/add-on-policies/#data-disclosure-collection-and-management, so we've been going back and forth on trying to find the best solution to accommodate their specific requirements while maintaining our extension functionality.

Mozilla's approval process is a lot more manual than other browsers, so sometimes we get hung up in specifics for Firefox specifically that we don't have to deal with for Chrome or Safari, which is why we're able to update Chrome & Safari still while Firefox is lagging behind.

I'm actively working on this & we're hoping to get something for this shortly after holidays (Early 2024). Believe me, it's on our radar & is something I've been actively involved with fixing, so it is being worked on.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @blubell

Thanks for sharing... it's nice to know what the actual issue is. Hopefully it's fixed sooner, rather than later.

• Apologies for the wait @moonpup, thank you for your patience whilst we work to get it updated.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Just checking in for any updates... thanks!

• @moonpup

Our team is still working on getting an update released. Thank you again for your patience.

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P !

I'll follow up in 2 weeks ;)

• Thank @moonpup for being so patient.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    edited January 31
    Options

Been another 2 weeks... any updates? This plugin issue goes back to Sep 15, 2023 (2.15.1 released)... I'm trying to be patient, but this is seriously ridiculous.

• Sorry @moonpup I do not have any updates to share. I appreciate you handing in there.

• @moonpup and @blubell

I have good news to share! 1Password for Firefox version 2.20.2 is now available:

For help with updating please see our guide: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Fantastic! Appreciate the follow up!

I've already updated my browsers and hopefully we'll see regular releases from here on out.

• Thanks again for championing this and for your patience. 🙂

-Dave