Allow my team members to create their own vaults

Options

Is it still not possible for users in my team account to create their own vaults? Just wondering if this might have changed since I asked several years ago.

https://1password.community/discussion/75009/allow-my-team-members-to-create-their-own-vaults

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @rubyatMR,

By default, members of an account's Team Members group can create new vaults and share them with their colleagues via the "Create Vaults" permission that's assigned to the "Team Members" group. That said, for older accounts created before April 9, 2017, this setting might have been disabled by default, which might be the situation for your team. If this is the case, only an owner or administrator can create a new vault if they choose to do so, which I understand is how your team currently operates.

There is a workaround that requires quickly switching your account type to 1Password Business and assigning the "Create Vaults" permission to the Team Members group before switching back to 1Password Teams, to prevent being charged for the subscription change. Our team will be happy to walk you through these steps via email if you're interested. To do that, be sure to contact us at businesssupport@1password.com and link to this Community thread.