Regarding the problem of shortcut keys calling out the window

Options
mipaers
mipaers
Community Member

I closed the program's icon in the system notification area, and then set the shortcut key to CTRL+Z to call out the program. However, the shortcut key became invalid after each restart. Because I had closed the icon, I had to find the program again and enter the password. It works, but I have set the program to start automatically after booting. Can I use the shortcut key to call it directly after restarting the computer, instead of having to find the program and open it before it takes effect? I think it is a BUG.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mipaers,

Thanks for your message.

It sounds lime you are referring to changing the Show 1Password in 1Password for Windows' keyboard shortcuts, is that correct?

If this is the case, that newly assigned shortcut will only activate when 1Password is opened in the system tray (locked or not).

I have recreated your steps to change this keyboard shortcut to Ctrl + Z, with 1Password set to launch automatically and remain in the system. Once the 1Password icon appears automatically in the system tray, this short cut works as expected to show or hide the 1Password lock screen.

If you are still having troubles, could you confirm that the Ctrl + Z is used by something else on your device and causing a conflict?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• mipaers
    mipaers
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, @ag_mike_d.
    thank you for your reply.
    I set the shortcut key to only appear once when I use it after turning on the computer, and then as long as I close it without entering the password, then it does not work. It will only take effect after entering the password. I don't know if it is caused by a software conflict. of.

• Hello again @mipaers - happy New Year!

Sorry for the delay in response.

I set the shortcut key to only appear once when I use it after turning on the computer, and then as long as I close it without entering the password, then it does not work.

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing in 1Password for Windows from the Setting (Ctrl + Comma (,)) > General tab. When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information:

Thanks!

• mipaers
    mipaers
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry. My English is not good and I may not express myself very clearly.
    I turned off the 1passsword icon to be displayed in the system notification area. I set the shortcut keys (any combination, not important here)
    After restarting the computer, the tray icon does not have 1passwrod, so I use the shortcut key to call out. After calling out, I am asked to enter the password. According to my operation, the following two situations will occur:
    1. The key is here. As long as I click the X symbol to close it without entering the password, the shortcut keys will no longer take effect. The program window will not pop up when using the shortcut keys. I can only find the program itself to open it.
    2. Under normal operation. After entering the password, the shortcut key will always be valid. But I locked it and closed the program window. The shortcut key also failed. The program cannot be opened by pop-up.

• ag_mike_d
    edited January 8
    Options

Hello again @mipaers,

Thanks for your response and screenshot. I now understand the issue. I appreciate the clarification!

The key is here. As long as I click the X symbol to close it without entering the password, the shortcut keys will no longer take effect.

That's correct, if 1Password is locked and the app closed (X), this closes the app and the 1Password background processes preventing this keyboard shortcut from working.

I turned off the 1passsword icon to be displayed in the system notification area.

I would suggest leaving this option enabled. In doing so, no matter the state of the app (locked and/or closed), the app will continue to run as a background process allowing you use the Show 1Password shortcut to show/hide the app. The app can completely closed by right-clicking the 1Password icon in the notification area > Quit or ending its tasks in the Windows Task manager.

I hope this information helps to explain the state you were in, but if you need further assistance we'll be here for you!