Missing New Profile in Family Account ??

Options
golbrich
golbrich
Community Member

I'm coming from LastPass to the family account my wife set up years ago. I think I registered in 2018 when she originally emailed me an invitation but I don't think I did anything with it at the time.
So now I'm logged in using her email address, key, and password (but your Support pages tell me I'm supposed to have my own email address, key, and password...?) The 2018 invitation email shows the sign in to the family address, and it shows my email address, but when I click on the emergency kit, it shows it was created for her email address and it shows her key.
I feel like I'm on her profile of the family account and not my own. When do I create my own password under my email?
I can see my email address under People when I manage her profile.
I'm just really confused as to where I am in the whole 'new profile' process.
Pretty sure I missed some big link that said "Click Here as a New User To Join Your Family Account" and now I can't get back to it.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• @golbrich

Yes, you should be using a password and secret key created specifically for you. Yes, the way you described it, it sounds like you are using her account. I would suggest emailing our support team as they have access to your account and we do not here in the community. They'll be able to take a deeper look and help ensure everything goes smoothly.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.