Textarea not able to filled

Options

Happy New Year 1PW team!

I've searched through the community posts and seen this talked about a little bit, but there doesn't appear to be any resolution.

So, is this possible, or not possible yet, or will never be possible?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @poolee,

Happy new year to you too!

Can you point me at the page with the field you are trying to fill so i can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!

• poolee
    poolee
    Community Member
    Options
  • Hi @poolee,

Thanks for sharing the URL with us!

When testing filling on the page, I was able to successfully fill my Identity item. Is there a particular field on the page that you're unable to fill, or is it the entire form?

Additionally, if you click in the "Name" field, are you seeing the 1Password icon available within the field? If so, can you click on it to activate the inline menu and see your Identity items suggested?

• poolee
    poolee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi David

The field that's not filling for me is the 'Message / Information request' field. I've used the developer tools to inspect the element and tried the various class names, IDs, etc of the textarea, but not had any luck filling it in any way.

Am having no issues filling the other fields ok - yes, I get the icon and the identity suggestions.

Cheers
    Paul

• poolee
    poolee
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, have tested on the following browsers. None are filling the Message / Information request field.

Chrome 120.0.6099.199
    Edge 120.0.2210.121
    Vivaldi 6.4.3160.47
    Brave v1.61.114 (Chromium to 120.0.6099.199)

Cheers
    Paul

• @poolee

Thanks for the reply. I see the webpage's code shows the following for that field:

autocomplete="off"

Since the developer of the website has chosen to add this attribute to the field, 1Password won't fill into that field. You'll need to either type in the information manually, or copy and paste it in.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• poolee
    poolee
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks Dave, good to know there's a reason why.

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave