Safari Extension Not Showing Custom Icons

Options
BionicBison05
BionicBison05
Community Member
edited January 4 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a custom icon for some logins. While the Safari extension (iOS and macOS) shows regular 1Password-provided rich website icons, it simply shows the monogram icon if the item icon is a custom one set by me. See example attached below. I should also note that the Chrome and Firefox extensions do not have this issue, and the custom icon displays as expected in all the 1Password apps except the Apple Watch app (which could also be considered an oversight but is less important to me).

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.24
Extension Version: 1Password browser extension version 2.18.2
OS Version: iOS 17.2.1
Browser: Safari 17.2

Comments

• @BionicBison05

Off topic, I love the name.

I'm unable to reproduce this behavior using the latest version of 1Password in the browser. Can you check to see if you have the following enabled?

1. Right-click on the 1Password in the browser toolbar icon.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select appearance.
    4. Ensure the option for Show app and website icons is enabled.

• BionicBison05
    BionicBison05
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Off topic, thanks ^_^.

I definitely have that enabled. Are you using Safari (either macOS or iOS) and setting the item to a custom icon (not just a rich icon) to reproduce this? As I mentioned above, the Chrome and Firefox extensions show my custom icons just fine, and Safari has no problem showing the default website icon, it's when I set a custom icon that the item icon becomes the monogram.

Safari showing the default rich icon:

Brave showing the custom icon (just the screenshot from my first post for the sake of reproducibility) and Safari showing the monogram:

• ag_tommy
    edited January 4
    Options

Mac, and a custom icon for the item for sure. I am using the nightly of 1Password 8 and the production of 1Password for Safari. I wonder if that is the missing piece? I apologize it slipped my mind earlier.

• BionicBison05
    BionicBison05
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Ah, forgot to specify. The custom icon does show up just fine in the 1Password for Safari extension menu as in your screenshot, but the issue is present in in-line autofill specifically as in my screenshots. Let me know if you can’t reproduce the issue in in-line autofill specifically.

• Yeah, I can reproduce that. One of my colleagues recently opened a bug report for this behavior. I'll get your report included in that bug tracker.

ref: dev/core/core#26836