1Password Safari Extension No Longer Shows Icons

Options

There was a thread discussing this same issue, here:

https://1password.community/discussion/143636/1password-safari-extension-no-longer-shows-icons

Rather than presenting potential solutions (beyond clearing history and disabling / re-enabling the showing of icons in the "Appearance" menu) the thread was closed after OP was prompted to email support with diagnostic logs (understandable that you don't want to share that publicly).

However, I'm experiencing the same issue. I think it would be beneficial if the discussion was held in this public forum (minus PII) so that other individuals seeing / experiencing the issue might find the solution without having to create a support ticket.

I have tried:

• disabling / re-enabling the extension option "Show app and website icons" in the "Appearance" menu of the extension settings and restarting Safari.
  • completely quitting Safari and 1Password simultaneously, then opening them up and trying again
  • clearing all browser history

As noted in the previous thread: issue is not presented in Chrome with extension v2.20.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.19
OS Version: 14.2.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @michaelmcdonald

When you have time I'd recommend updating macOS, moving back to the issue at hand you're likely experiencing a known issue. At this time the issue is still with the development team for a resolution. I'm not aware of anything that can be done from your side to resolve the situation. It looks to be something our team will need to fix. The issue is also specific to the Safari browser.

ref: dev/core/core#15644

• michaelmcdonald
    michaelmcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate the follow-up (and thanks for pointing out I need to update!). Glad to know I'm not missing out on anything at this point and I'll patiently await a response from the devs / an update to the extension.

Thanks!

• Thanks again for reporting the issue. Hopefully it can be fixed in a future update soon. 🙂

-Dave

• michaelmcdonald
    michaelmcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

Just as a follow-up to my own issue: 1Password extension for Safari v2.20 was released and the issue is still present.

• The issue remains open on our side. Sorry.

• michaelmcdonald
    michaelmcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

Another follow-up: 1Password extension for Safari v2.21 was released and the issue is still present. Really seems like this should be a low-hanging fruit problem to solve.

• @michaelmcdonald

I'm sorry that the issue is still present. I don't have an update to share, however, once there is a fix, it will be noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

-David