Linux: How to stop 1password from offering to save a password?

Options

I have a password that I don't keep in 1password, and I'd like to get 1password to stop offering to save it. I found an answer at
https://1password.community/discussion/70274/stop-asking-to-save-a-password-for-a-certain-site, but in January 2024, this answer doesn't work for Linux. Or at least I can't find the relevant menu on the Linux app.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Browser: Brave

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey there @nrnrnr, thanks for writing in!

Just to confirm, are you referring to the "Save in 1Password" button that appears below a username/password field?

• nrnrnr
    nrnrnr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's it exactly.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Thanks for confirming @nrnrnr. There isn't currently a way to disable the "Save in 1Password" option on a specific website.

However, you can turn off the autofill menu on field focus in the 1Password extension. This will allow you to show/hide 1Password’s autofill menu manually as needed by clicking the 1Password icon within the field, which includes the "Save in 1Password" option below a field. Here’s how to turn that setting off:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the Autofill section, toggle off "Show autofill suggestions when a form field is in focus".

That being said, I've shared your feedback with our product team to add the ability to turn off the "Save in 1Password" option for a specific website.

I hope that helps!

ref:37688187

• nrnrnr
    nrnrnr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but those autofill suggestions are way too useful. It's a pity they can't be suppressed on a per-site basis. Is there a way I can file a feature request?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nrnrnr

We've filed a feature request on your behalf to have the product team look into adding a way to turn off the prompt for specific websites. Thank you again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37688187