😫 HELP! I Lost Passwords after 1Password Upgrade

Options
bailu
bailu
Community Member
edited January 6 in Mac

Here's what happened: I have been a regular user of 1Password 6 on my MacBook, which I downloaded from the App Store. Recently, I received a notification stating that my access was read-only and that I needed to purchase an upgrade.

On January 6, 2024, I decided to upgrade to 1Password 8. I downloaded the new version directly from your official website, 1password.com, and proceeded with the installation. After installation, a window prompted me to either register or log in. I did not have an existing account, so I registered a new one. However, to my dismay, upon accessing the new account, I found it completely empty, with all my previously saved passwords missing!

This situation is extremely critical for me as those passwords are vital for my daily operations. I am in dire need of retrieving my passwords and require immediate support to resolve this issue.

Please guide me through the necessary steps to recover my passwords or identify what might have gone wrong during the transition to the new version.

I am looking forward to a prompt response as this matter is of utmost urgency.

Thank you for your attention to this discussion.

Comments

• I see that you've emailed us. I am going to close this to prevent duplication of efforts.

To get you going, it sounds as if you created and signed into the account online, which would not show your data until you imported it. Did you go through that process? One of my colleagues will be with you as soon as possible. We do not have access to account details here in the community. They will be the best to assist you.

ref: WNN-94984-128

This discussion has been closed.