When creating new login to existing site, original site data simply gone?

Options
mtrcycllvr
mtrcycllvr
Community Member
edited January 8 in 1Password in the Browser

I manage some minors funds at Schwab (recent purchase of TD Ameritrade required new accounts all around..)..

I set up my account, tested, etc. All fine.

Later, I setup god daughters account at the same site. I used the "save in 1Password" entry. (NOT update, but "save in") Logged out, tested by logging back in. All fine.

THEN, I attempted to login again as myself.

My schwab entry is completely GONE. ???? Okay, I figure it must have UPDATED my entry with God Daughters data, so I duplicate the entry, then look for my old password in the password history.

NO HISTORY on either entry.

Where is my Original Schwab login data? It's not in the archive. There's no history. No nothing, just GONE without a trace.

I have NEVER lost data with 1Password before and am TOTALLY SHOCKED and beyond disappointed . How could this happen? Any thoughts? I'm off to start new password recovery - THANKFULLY I remember the username data.. But what if I didn't?

[Removed profanity. Please remember that this is a family-friendly community. -Moderator]

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.23 (81023003)
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: MacOS 12.7
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey @mtrcycllvr,

I'm sorry for the trouble you have had when saving an additional login for a website.

You're right, your data should never just disappear so I'd like to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Can you start by following the steps in this guide and let me know if you are able to locate it in your item history: View and restore previous versions of items.

Can you also let me know if you were attempting to save your daughters item in the same vault as yours? Can you make sure you are viewing 'All Vaults' just incase your item was stored elsewhere?

Let us know how you get on!