Multiple Logins on One Website - Can They Be More Specific?

Options
SteveWilkison
SteveWilkison
Community Member
edited January 8 in 1Password in the Browser

I have multiple areas on one website which each require a different login. For example:

mydomain.com/area1
mydomain.com/area2
mydomain.com/area3

Is it possible to set up 1Password so that the prompts in the drop down menu only relate to the individual logins. Right now if I click to login to any of these three areas I see the password suggestions for all three. It would be much better if when I click to login to "area1" I only see the prompt for that password. Is this possible? Thanks for any insight or help!

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS 13.6.3
Browser: Safari

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @SteveWilkison, thanks for writing in.

I'm sorry to say that this isn't currently possible. You can change the Autofill behaviour to "only fill on this exact domain" but that accounts for just the domain itself and anything before. For example, test1.website.com or test2.website.com. Anything after the domain (a directory/subject paths/port) don't count towards the exact domain portion.

That being said, I do understand the usefulness so I've created a feature request and shared your feedback to our product team to include another option with the Autofill behaviour.

As a workaround (which you might have already done), I can suggest to rename the Login item's title to match the directory path so it doesn't lead to confusion or additional clicks to select the correct login.

I hope that helps!

-Evon

ref:37709293

• SteveWilkison
    SteveWilkison
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply! I would certainly love it if that became an option in the future. If not, well, it's not that big of a deal.

• EvonG1P
    Options

No problem at all, @SteveWilkison. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. 🙂