Chromebook Extension Version 2.17.1 (not 2.19.0)

Options

I see my Chromebook Extension is at version 2.17.1 on the STABLE channel; (while my laptop is 2.19.0 on the STABLE channel). Why hasn't the Chromebook updated to the latest version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: Chrome
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @robert1p,

On your Chromebook, if you paste chrome://extensions followed by the enter key into your browser address bar and click 'Update' in the top left hand corner does it then update to 2.19.0?

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

Well that's interesting. Yesterday there was no 'Update' button available. It only had 'Details', 'Remove', and a switch to turn it off or on. In 'Details' it listed 2.17.0 and no 'Update' button.

HOWEVER, today when I opened the app, I find it is now at 2.19.0.

The only things I can think of is that yesterday I updated the Android app, but that didn't make any difference to the extension version. Then last night I shutdown the Chromebook so it started fresh this morning. [Typically, I just close the lid and let it sleep.]

Does it typically take a reboot (or possibly logout/login) to get a 1pw extension update?

• @robert1p

I'm happy that you were able to update to the latest version. 🙂

Extension updates on the Chromebook are handled by the Chrome Web Store, sometimes different devices might update at different times for various reasons. If you notice that your extensions aren't updating automatically then I would recommend that you reach out to the manufacturer of your Chromebook for assistance since they'll be in the best position to assist there.

-Dave