Offline message in the Chrome extension

Options

Comments

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    edited January 9
    Options

Same issue here and its been going on for multiple users for about a month. The issue occurs whether we use a VPN or not.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BB9193

I'm sorry that you and your users are running into the same issue. If you're already made sure that 1Password's ports and domains have been whitelisted in your VPN, network, and any security appliances that you use and you're still seeing the issue then please use the instructions in my previous comment to send in a diagnostics report from an affected user so that we can investigate further.

-Dave

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    Options

We are only using the Chrome browser extension and your instructions don't match up. How do we generate a diagnostic report in the Chrome extension?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BB9193

I apologize for the confusion, you posted in a thread dedicated to the 1Password for Mac app. I've split your comments into the forum for 1Password in the browser so that we can discuss the browser extension separately.

Can you try the following steps with the affected users:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let me know if that doesn't improve things. 🙂

-Dave

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about that, my mistake.

If we don't use the desktop app at all, does this integration even need to be toggled on? If we just disable the integration will it also fix the issue?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BB9193

Thank you for the reply. The instructions ensure that if any of your users have installed the desktop app then they'll still be able to go through the steps and sign out and then back into their account in the browser extension.

If you're sure that no one is using the desktop app at all then you can use these simplified steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    3. Sign back into your account.

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

-Dave

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    Options

We do not use the desktop app at all.

I can confirm that signing out/back in does not have any effect. We have to sign in to 1Password daily and the issue has persisted for weeks.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BB9193

I'm sorry that the issue persists. So that we can investigate further, please generate a console log from a user who is currently seeing an offline message in their browser:

Attach the log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• BB9193
    BB9193
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I will gather these logs when I see the issue again, which will likely be in 24 hours or so. It is intermittent.

• Sounds good, we'll keep an eye out for your logs when you do send them in. 🙂

-Dave