Another 1Password cannot autofill this website question -

Options

New user - so please be kind - have 100s of sites working except this one which is part of the login to my home automation system -

and I have this profile defined:

• for some reason auto populating is not working - hints and tips are welcomed - and yes have googled it and searched these forums. TIA.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 13.6.3
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @TB2BossDogs! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! The prompt that you're seeing is called a "basic authentication" prompt and 1Password isn't able to put the inline filling menu, or its icon, into those kinds of prompts. However, you can still fill your login credentials by following these steps:

1. Open the web page and navigate to the basic auth prompt so that you see it open on your screen.
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. Click on the correct item and then click Autofill.

Your login credentials should be filled and submitted. Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• TB2BossDogs
    TB2BossDogs
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave -

When I flip open the plug-in and hit autofill - all it does is flip back to the web sign-on rather then the Hometroller (which is a box running Windows):

without autofilling - essentially looping:

am I doing what you are recommending? Or did I blow it?

The other thought I had but could not make work was trying to autofill from the browser stored passwords - but it looks like it is all 1Password or none.

Thanks - TB

• @TB2BossDogs

I'm sorry that this didn't work, can you double-check that you have the right username and password saved in that Login item?

If you do then can you try a quick test on our filling testing site:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select New Item > Login.
    2. Add the URL https://basic.fill.dev to the item
    3. Enter test as the username, and autofill as the password.
    4. Navigate to this link -> https://basic.fill.dev
    5. Left click the 1Password icon in the toolbar, and click 'Autofill'.

Does filling the prompt on our testing site work? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave