Old Versions

Options
Snuggs
Snuggs
Community Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 7 that I use strictly for music lessons. I'm trying install 1Password but it's not available for that device. Is there any way to use a legacy version? I need to be able to log in to my lessons and without the password manager, I'm looking up these long strings each time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Snuggs! 👋

Thank you for the question. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Android, 1Password 7 for Android is no longer supported. 1Password 8 does require Android 9 (Pie) or later and I would encourage you to update your tablet if possible.

Older versions of any software don't receive the latest security updates and, as a security company, 1Password always recommends being up to date with the latest patches and updates available. Android 7 stopped receiving security updates in 2019, that means that over four years of bug fixes and security mitigations are missing from your tablet. This can put you and your data at risk.

With that said, if you had installed 1Password 7 for Android on one of your devices via the Google Play Store at some point, you can install 1Password 7 for Android on your current device if you sign into the same Google account via the Play Store by following the steps below:

1. Open the Google Play Store
    2. Tap the profile icon in the top right (usually your initials)
    3. Tap Manage apps and devices
    4. Tap Manage
    5. Tap Installed, then tap Not Installed
    6. Tap 1Password 7 - Password Manager, then tap the green Install button.

If you don't see 1Password 7 here then the only other option would be to use 1Password.com in the browser.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• Snuggs
    Snuggs
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks. I'll use the browser. I just changed over from a different password manager, so I don't have the old version anywhere.

• Welcome to 1Password! Let us know if you have any other questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave