Something went wrong error message when using Orion

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Support for Orion Browser.

Comments

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I keep constantly running into these errors (latest version of both Chrome extension and Orion installed):

I already tried reinstalling the extension, using the Firefox version, restarting Orion, restarting the Mac etc. Cookies are deleted manually, history after 3 months. Keeps coming back frequently.

• @Arnoud

Do you have any extensions that may be manipulating your browser history? What are you doing just before this message appears? Currently the Chrome version is newer than the Firefox version. I would recommend using the Chrome version.

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ag_tommy Not that I'm aware of. I'm using Consent-O-Matic, AdGuard (outside the browser), Raindrop, Readwise, Notion & LanguageTool. I'm not aware of doing anything specific before the message appears. I believe it mostly appears when I attempt to use 1Password by activating a login field.

• @Arnoud

Since you're seeing the same issue in both Chrome and Orion I've split your comments into a new dedicated thread. Since it's been some time since your last message (I'm sorry for the delay), can you tell me if you're still seeing the same issue in both Chrome and Orion?

If you are then can you tell me if you're running the latest stable versions of 1Password in the browser, macOS, and Chrome/Orion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I don't see it in both Chrome and Orion (I don't have Chrome installed). I'm seeing it with both versions of the extension (Chrome extension and Firefox extension).

I still see the same issue running the latest stable versions of 1Password in the browser (just removed and reinstalled to make sure), macOS and Orion. Lately, the error pages open directly after opening or restarting Orion. I see an error page open, then close, several times in a row until it becomes more stable, and I can actually look at the error page.

• @Arnoud

Thanks for clarifying. Can you completely clear Orion's history and cache and then restart Orion. Do you see the same error message?

If you do then are you able to reproduce the issue using the Chrome version of 1Password in the browser in one of our supported Chromium browsers:

• Chrome
    • Edge
    • Brave

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave