How to restore a family members access?

Options
Ingebelle
Ingebelle
Community Member

I invited a brother to a vault but he has forgotten his secret key. I CANNOT find anywhere in 1Password 8, how to see the list that contains "PEOPLE" as per the instructions to restore a family member's access. Am I not the manager??? Do I have an individual account or a family account. I vaguely remember inviting 2 family members years ago. I have clicked on every menu, drop-down, but cannot see the same screen as seen in the instructions.
Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 13
    Options

@Ingebelle

The option for recovery is only available on 1Password.com. You'd need to login there to help with account recovery. I don't have access to account details here in the community, but you can likely login to 1Password.com and then see if you see the option to invite others. If so, you have a family membership. If you do, and if you have access to billing details, then you'd be a family organizer.

• Ingebelle
    Ingebelle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tom. I do not have a family membership. Do you know how I can change my membership to family?

• @Ingebelle

You can change your account type by following the steps shown here:

Change your 1Password account type

If you need any support in doing so, send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey