To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Where is the complete pricing/billing information?

Options
dereklem
dereklem
Community Member

I have been considering 1Password as a password management solution, but have so far been really very disappointed with 1Password and their web site regarding the lack of upfront information about pricing and billing.

I have Googled for this information, I have searched the 1Password web site but all I have been able to get, from the 1Password site itself, is the monthly price if billed annually. I can not find the monthly price if billed monthly anywhere so I can make an informed decision. I tried signing up for one of the plans but the monthly billing option was not even presented as a choice.

What gives? Is monthly billing not even an option with1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

You actually save money on an annual subscription compared to a monthly subscription. Where are you located? As taxes and prices are different.

• Hello @dereklem,

Thanks for your message. As mentioned by @Kakkoister2, you can save money on an annual subscription. Pricing can vary based on taxes and the region where you sign up for 1Password (.com/.ca/.eu). I've left some links below to help you get started:

Should have any questions about billing, please email 1Password support and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Have a great day!

• dereklem
    dereklem
    Community Member
    Options

Do you seriously think I don't know I can save money on an annual subscription? Do you not get that I do NOT want an annual subscription at this point? I just want to try the product for a couple of months initially and maybe later convert to annual if I like it. Why is it so hard to get this info?

• @dereklem

No worries, you can use whichever period works for you. Try this, this is the workflow I used on a newly created account to find the details. I can't speak as to why this is but it revealed the needed details. I'll need to run this by the team.

1. Create a new account and use the option for skip adding card details.
    2. Click Billing in the sidebar.
    3. Click subscribe.
    4. Both yearly and monthly pricing are shown.
  • dereklem
    dereklem
    Community Member
    Options

OK - looks like I may have posted multiple times - sorry - post didn't show up at first so I reposted several times.

• dereklem
    dereklem
    Community Member
    Options

Oops - no - previous post did show up immediately. Is 1Password censoring critical posts???

• dereklem
    dereklem
    Community Member
    edited January 24
    Options

No offence to anyone here, but you do realize this is pretty lame on the part of 1Password - I've got to pretend setup an account in order to find out what the complete pricing and subscription options are?

I mean honestly folks, only a [removed] company would make you jump through such hoops to find out some pretty basic information that an honest, transparent company would make easily available to any prospective customer. As a comparison, I'm also currently looking at getting Protonmail for a family subscription, and there it is at the top - click on one of 1 month, 12 months or 24 months and you get the monthly price for each, up front, without having to fake setup an account. Interestingly, they seem to be working on a password manager option for their service as well.

Clearly 1Password wants to lock you into an annual subscription - what are they worried about - people will find the product [removed] and jump ship? This to me is just a sign of corporate greed, more concerned about the bottom line than being open and transparent with subscribers. Not a good sign for a security company - what other shortcuts and sneaky things are they looking at to maximize profits?

[Profanity removed, please remember that this is a family-friendly community. -Moderator]

• ag_tommy
    edited January 24
    Options

@dereklem

I just set your post free from the spam catcher.

• dereklem
    dereklem
    Community Member
    Options

OK - thanks for freeing the post. Just to clarify, from all the reviews, it appears to me that the 1Password product is actually pretty good, which is why I was looking at subscribing. Too bad the company itself seems kind of on the opaque, sneaky side - sneaky because it is not actually financially viable?

• I have brought this up internally. I'm sorry for any confusion. My intent above was to show you how it could be checked and ensure you received correct details such as taxes and so forth. I assumed you had not created an account at the time of posting. Perhaps I erred. I don't have access to such details here. You can likely go to any existing account you may have and try changing your billing frequency. The same details should be show in much the same fashion.