One-time password doesn't autofill with passkey login on mobile

Options
prox
prox
Community Member

Hello,
I've noticed when I login into app on mobile phone with passkey then it doesn't automatically copy one-time password, sample app PayPal.
In the setting of 1Password > AutoFill > Copy One-Time Passwords, works perfect if I login with email+password but not with passkey.

Best,
Olek

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @prox! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue! Our developers are aware and we're already testing a fix in the latest beta version of 1Password for iOS:

When you sign in with a passkey, the item’s one-time password will be copied to your clipboard automatically if it has one.

If testing in the beta version goes well then we hope to release the fix to the stable version as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26331

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Hooray! Thanks for the heads up @Dave_1P

• Thanks again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• @prox

The issue where 1Password wouldn't copy your 2FA one-time password to the clipboard when signing into an app or website using a passkey has now been resolved as of the latest stable update! 🎉

Please update to version 8.10.24 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for your patience and your report. If you still see the issue after updating 1Password then please let me know.

-Dave

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up @Dave_1P! I've just updated the app and tried with a few apps, dram roll, it works now 🙌

• Thank you for the confirmation that the feature is working now! 😊

-Dave