Firefox Add-On Not Updating

Options

I use the 1Password Stable channel add-on for Firefox on two Windows 10 PCs, one at home and one managed by my employer. The one at home has automatically updated to version 2.18.2, while the one at work says 2.15.1 is the latest version. Both browsers are up to date and they are both set to automatically update add-ons.

I notice that Firefox's add-on site also claims that 2.15.1 is the latest version:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/

Is there some reason why Mozilla are not recognising the later releases? Could this explain why my employer managed PC has not updated the add-on?

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.15.1 & 2.18.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @rootzero

Thanks for reaching out!

Each extension store has its own submission process, so we're unable to time releases to come out at the same time. This is why you're seeing a different version available for Firefox. To keep the 1Password extension up to date in Firefox and ensure the latest updates when available, you can use the steps in the following guide:

How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• rootzero
    rootzero
    Community Member
    Options

@ChrisC1P This is not the usual complaint about Firefox being slower than Chrome. I'm comparing the versions on two Firefox browsers that claim to have the latest 1Password add-on. Both browsers are set to update add-ons automatically.

• @rootzero

Our development team is actively working with our friends at Mozilla to get an update released. For now, 2.15.1 is the latest stable release for Firefox.

-Dave

• rootzero
    rootzero
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I'm currently seeing 2.18.2 on the stable channel on my home machine.

• @rootzero

I'm sorry for the confusion. 2.18.2 was briefly available for Firefox before being pulled. As mentioned, our team is working on releasing a new update.

For now, you can continue to use 2.18.2 on devices where you updated 1Password in that brief window, and 2.15.1 on devices that haven't been updated yet. Both versions are safe to use.

-Dave

• rootzero
    rootzero
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the swift responses

• Thanks again for the question, hopefully we'll have more news to share soon. 🙂

-Dave

• rdarcy
    rdarcy
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P is there any update on this? Password fill suggestions within text inputs on Firefox appear to have stopped working (which I think is addressed in a later release?). The latest available is still 2.15.1.

• @rdarcy

Currently, the stable release version is still 2.15.1 and I’m sorry about the ongoing update issue involving 1Password for Firefox. Our developers are working closely with Mozilla to get the issue resolved. I appreciate your patience.

You mentioned that you’re running into autofill issues in Firefox, this shouldn’t be the case since version 2.15.1 should be working correctly. Therefore, can you answer the following questions to help me better diagnose the autofill issue:

• What is the version of your Firefox browser?
    • If you click on the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar then does the pop-up window open? If you don’t see the icon in your toolbar then please see this guide: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar
    • Does the issue happens on every website? If it only occurs on certain websites, can you share them with me to test? (Do not share your username or password, just the website address.)

-Kevin

• @rdarcy and @rootzero

I have good news to share! 1Password for Firefox version 2.20.2 is now available:

For help with updating please see our guide: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

-Dave