CLI Offline usage

Options
johnnykarhinen
johnnykarhinen
Community Member

From the previous discussions regarding offline usage of the CLI (here and here) I gather that it's not on the roadmap at the moment, and I'd like to bring some more context for when the feature would be incredibly helpful.

At work we are doing a lot of field work on systems that are airgapped (because they don't need internet access to begin with) or when we are troubleshooting systems that has lost their internet access.

We are also heavy users of Royal TS/X and their 1password integration that relies on the CLI.

The combination of Royal TS/X and 1password has been great for us so far, as it gives us a single source of truth for all connectivity details, and secure management of credentials, no matter what kind of device we're connecting to. It's just some situations that it doesn't cover without workarounds, and that's when we need to focus on the problem at hand the most.

I hope this made sense! I understand that it's quite far from the always-connected world most of us live in, and we're not using the CLI in the CI/CD context it was built for. But we really like your product, and would love to like it even more. :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided