Link to Linkedin.com is broken on https://passkeys.directory/

Options
fernandog
fernandog
Community Member
edited January 21 in Lounge

Seem the correct URL is https://www.linkedin.com/mypreferences/d/remember-me

please confirm

Would be nice to have a button to report this directly on passkeys.directory OR within 1password app

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @fernandog! 👋

Thanks for the post! The passkeys.directory listing for LinkedIn notes the following:

Linkedin is actively rolling out support for saving and signing in with passkeys on Linkedin accounts. Not all accounts have access to saving and signing in with passkeys yet whilst Linkedin rolls this out.

It looks like the link in question won't work unless your LinkedIn account has already been included in the rollout. My own LinkedIn account hasn't so the link doesn't work for me either.

Using your link I just see a page that that lists "Remembered Devices" of which I have none:

Are you able to setup passkeys from this page? I don't see an option to.

-Dave

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't, but this link appears here and I thought it was the correct one. Sorry about that

• @fernandog

That looks like it's referring to a different feature that allows you to view devices that are signed into your LinkedIn account, but I could be wrong as I don't use that feature myself.

Hopefully passkeys are rolled out to both of our LinkedIn accounts soon. 🙂

-Dave

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P check out this reply from Linkedin support:

Translation:
    "I inform you that all members are eligible to use the passkey functionality. We have found that clearing your browser's cache and cookies can resolve many issues. Here's how: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/1285 Please follow the instructions in the link above for each browser you use. Hope this solves your problem. If not, we will need to investigate further. In this case, I will forward your request to technical support for further review. Please note that an extension of processing time may be necessary, but we will respond as soon as possible. I will personally monitor your request and keep you informed of its progress and any relevant updates"

Screenshots:

My considerations:
    I did everything they said. Also made sure the 1password is the preferred service to use password on a Android phone, but Linkedin app calls the Google service to use a previous stored password, not 1password. Check the screenshot. I reply them with all this.

• @fernandog

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry that things still aren't working. I just tried logging in to LinkedIn using an Incognito window and I still don't see a prompt to create a passkey, I see others on social media reporting the same thing and it really does look like some accounts are able to use passkeys and others aren't just yet.

Let me know, when you can, the result of your conversation with LinkedIn support. 🙂

-Dave

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

They confirmed every user can use passkeys. LinkedIn passkey works on Android 14 with default Google password manager, but not for 1password (even enabling that credential flag on Chrome for Android). I really don't know if is a 1passoword app issue or LinkedIn issue.

I think the best way to fix this, is if 1password team contact LinkedIn to see what's going one. LinkedIn support wants my Linkedin password to debug it (makes no sense and I won't). I think they still don't get it what is the issue. What do you think about this?

• @fernandog

LinkedIn passkey works on Android 14 with default Google password manager

Can you share the steps that you used to save a passkey for LinkedIn using the Google Password Manager? Did you use the LinkedIn app or the LinkedIn website? From which page did you save the passkey?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• tomabg
    tomabg
    Community Member
    Options

are there any Updates to how bring linkedin working with 1password passkey?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tomabg

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried to save a passkey using the steps in LinkedIn's guide: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a1621596

If you have then can you clarify the issue that you're running into and which device and browser your using? Are you seeing an error message?

-Dave