Credit card autofill not being accepted for payments

Options
pschobert
pschobert
Community Member
edited January 21 in iOS

When I am making a purchase on a website, 1PW autofills credit card info. But some sites don’t accept the autofill info. Usually, the form remains yellow or blue after using auto fill. Website says payment not accepted. If I clear the form and manually input cc number, there is no problem and payment goes through. Is there a setting that needs to change?

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad os 17.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @pschobert! 👋

I'm sorry that some websites aren't accepting the filled credit card. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you using 1Password for Safari to fill the credit card from the dropdown that appears after clicking on a credit card field?
    2. Are you able to share the website address of the affected page? Do not share your credit card number or password, just the address of the affected webpage.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• pschobert
    pschobert
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering.
    1) yes, using 1PW for safari extension
    2) just today, tried making donation at this site. LLS.org. Didn’t accept payment until I cleared cc info that had filled in and manually entered the same card.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 23
    Options

@pschobert

Some sites don't allow or try to dissuade users' from using autofill. The next time this occurs try adding a single character to the field and removing it. Usually the form will change to white in my case to show it accepted the value. Basically you're showing you've typed something in.

• pschobert
    pschobert
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try this!

• You're welcome.