Problem Connecting with Edge browser

Options
patherton74
patherton74
Community Member
edited January 30 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I have both Edge and Chrome installed on my Windows desktop device, as well as the latest Windows 1PW client. When I view the status of my extension in Chrome it says it is connected to the desktop application and consequently when I use the browser to lock 1PW, both the browser version and the desktop client go to locked status. When I view the status of the Edge extension to the desktop app, I have a message saying "Problem connecting", similarly, I am unable to lock the desktop version of 1PW, via the Edge browser lock setting. I need help to understand why this works with Chrome, and what may be blocking the Edge functionality from working. I am presuming this is some form of Edge security setting (which are admin managed in this corporate environment.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @patherton74,

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and see why 1Password in your Edge browser is having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from Edge as well as a diagnostics report form your 1Password app:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• patherton74
    patherton74
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph, Support ID: [#LHH-18422-342]

• Hey @patherton74, I've located your support ticket and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible about this issue. Let's continue the conversation there, I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

ref: LHH-18422-342

This discussion has been closed.