1password on Arc gets confused after using google meet

Options
gee-forr
gee-forr
Community Member
edited January 26 in 1Password in the Browser

There’s a really frustrating bug with Arc + 1Password + Google Meet.

The bug's behaviour

If I visit a google meet tab, any other tabs after that break 1Passwords cmd+\ shortcut by showing only *.google.com accounts for autofilling, instead of the actual domain I’m on.

This only happens for google meet. I suspect it might have something to do with all the customisations and features built in to Arc to make Meet's experience better.

I’ve tested Chrome to see if this is a Chromium quirk, but chrome doesn’t exhibit this behaviour.

The only way I can get 1Password to correctly suggest passwords for autofilling is by restarting Arc

Repro Steps:

1. Have 1Password installed, and the 1Password extension installed and configured on Arc.
  2. Restart Arc so that you can start from a clean slate.
  3. Visit a non-google site that you are currently not logged in to, i.e. GitHub. Log out if you have to.
  4. Go to the login page for the site, and hit the CMD+\ shortcut to bring up the stored logins, and observe that it is correctly showing the logins for that site.
  5. Open a google.meet tab. You do not need to have a meeting, just browse to the tab.
  6. Go back to the other site, and hit the CMD+\ shortcut again, and observe that 1Password is now suggesting *.google.com sites instead of the current site.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.0
Browser: Arc 1.26.2

Comments

• Hello there @gee-forr. Thank you so much for writing in and sharing details on the issue.

I've followed the steps you provided and have been able to recreate the same behaviour. I've gone ahead and created an issue for our development team to look further into this and added you as an affected user to our internal reporting.

In the meantime, I was able to get the correct suggestions to appear after closing the Google Meet tab in Arc.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, @gee-forr.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#27547

• gee-forr
    gee-forr
    Community Member
    edited January 31
    Options

hey there @EvonG1P - thanks for the reply, and thanks for logging the bug. Unfortunately, I can't really close the meet tab, as its one of my permanent bookmarked tabs which are always open.

Luckily restarting Arc takes less than 10 secs, which I can live with for now.

I'm happy to help your team if they need additional information.

• Thank you for your understanding @gee-forr and apologies for the disruption to your workflow.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime!