why is it asking me to login in all browsers?

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member
edited April 16 in Mac

I'm being asked to login every time I try autofill. IT asks after 10mins too on the same browser.

1pw8 has lost the amazing software to work with touch. It's a pain to work with now. There are so many issues with 1pw8. This was never the case with 1pw7. It's nice you wanted to start from scratch but I feel it's useless as you've lost basics. I don't remember so many issue with 1pw7. Also if there were there was progress. It's frustrating to use it on daily basis.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @vishalsheth

Do you have both a client app (1Password 8) and 1Password in the browser installed? It sounds like there is communication trouble between the two. Can you try the following?

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click or Control-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Fully quit your browser. There should be no light on underneath the Dock icon.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    4. Open your browser.
    5. Check for proper operation.
  • fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member
    Options

I was noticing the same behavior, so tried the above steps. The browser (Brave) extension is no longer asking for the password every time, however the option to use Touch ID is no longer presented which I've grown quite accustomed to. Touch ID is functioning normally with the 1Password app.

MacBookPro, M1
    macOS Big Sur 11.7.10 (20G1427)
    Brave 1.62.153 Chromium: 121.0.6167.85 (Official Build) (arm64)
    1Password browser extension 2.19.0
    1Password for Mac 8.10.23 (81023003)

I just noticed that there was an update available for 1Password, and after getting the update the browser extension did allow the use of Touch ID. The version just installed is:

1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044)

--Larry

• Sorry for the hiccup @fahnoe I'm happy to hear things are working better.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Where did I say I have both? I’m just comparing them.

• @vishalsheth

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry if we misunderstood the issue. Do you have have both the 1Password desktop app and the browser extension installed on your Mac?

If you're only using the browser extension then are you just being prompted for your account password? Or for your email address, account password, and Secret Key in order to login from scratch all over again?

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

it asked me for Or for your email address, account password, and Secret Key in order to login from scratch all over again. I removed the extension and added it again for now. But this should not be the case. The way app gets updated, the extension should also get updated.

• @vishalsheth

It was a question "Do you have both a client app (1Password 8) and 1Password in the browser installed?"

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Yes. 1Password in the browser Is the extension or plug in.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Has you trouble resolved itself? This discussion is older at this point. I'm not sure the issue you described is current one you're facing. If so, please let us know. If you do continue to have trouble these steps help in a lot of situations.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/704014/#Comment_704014

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    edited April 8
    Options

I faced this issue again so I had to quit 1password, restart the browser. I don't understand why this has to happen? This was supposed to be solved. I shut down my machine every evening and start in the morning. Also when I login in an account finish my work and then login into the other account, I'm not able to login smoothly as does not populate the passwords.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishalsheth

Thank you for the reply. So that I can better understand the current situation can you tell me the following:

1. What exactly is happening when you try to fill a login in your browser? Are you able to click on the 1Password icon in the username/password field? Does clicking the icon do anything?
    2. Do you have the desktop app installed?
    3. What browser are you using?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

The same issue as earlier. I’m using Safari. When I’m at login the type and search has issues at times. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t work. I have the desktop app installed. The browser extension is also needed.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishalsheth

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned the following:

it asked me for Or for your email address, account password, and Secret Key in order to login from scratch all over again

Is this the issue that you're still seeing? If you are then can you check the following settings to make sure that integration between the desktop app and the browser extension is turned on:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password for Mac desktop app.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Make sure that "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is turned on.
    5. Click Browser.
    6. Make sure that "Connect with 1Password in the browser" is turned on. Leave the desktop app open.
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    9. Make sure that "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" is turned on and you see a green circle. If you see a different coloured circle then let me know.

If that doesn't work, or you're seeing a different issue, then can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end?

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

I checked the above steps and all are in order. I still have to click on 1pwd icon on browser and then it unlocks. Till then it shows lock icon. This is in the browser.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishalsheth

Thanks for the reply. So that I can look into this further, please send in the following:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

The extension console log: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

I don't understand when a new version details are available then you need to update so people like me can follow to the point. I was not able to get this as options are not there as explained in the link.
    [#BBI-42117-445]
    I have maintained the same subject for email so it's easy to trace.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishalsheth

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible, please continue the conversation there.

To prevent having the same conversation in two different places at once, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: WDE-46912-797

This discussion has been closed.