Importing passwords from iPhone or iPad

Options
crowslivebig
crowslivebig
Community Member
edited January 29 in iOS

Is it possible to transfer all of the passwords that are saved on my iPhone and iPad (in iCloud) into 1Password without using a Mac? I can't find any way to export them from the iOS side and I don't have a Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Safari for iOS

Comments

• Hello @crowslivebig! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! If you were using iCloud Keychain before moving to 1Password then, if you have a Mac handy, you can import all of your passwords into 1Password by using Safari on your Mac: Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password

There isn't a way to automatically export passwords from iCloud Keychain and import them into 1Password on the iPhone or iPad. You can instead import up this data through a 'passive' import. On an iPhone/iPad, this entails running both Keychain and 1Password simultaneously in Safari, having Keychain enter your login credentials into a site, and then using the 1Password extension to save the filled website entry. Here's an article about saving, filling, and changing passwords using 1Password for Safari on iOS: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

You can also copy a password (or username) from Settings > Passwords. Then, you can create a new login item in 1Password and paste it there: Get to know 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• crowslivebig
    crowslivebig
    Community Member
    Options

A belated but heartfelt thank you for your excellent and thorough help, @Dave_1P . Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac available. This information is just what I needed. Thank you for your generosity!

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave