"1Password for Safari Extention" does not work anymore

Options
ChristIO
ChristIO
Community Member
edited February 2 in 1Password in the Browser

Hallo Support,

The "1Password for Safari Extention" (see screen) does not work anymore since today, after I updated Safari macOS.
The extention does not open from a login dialog when using shortcut ⌘+\ anymore
or from the top Safari symbolbar.

1Password for Mac (Desktop app) works fine. De-activated extention / reboot does not help...

Versions:
Safari Version 17.3 (18617.2.4.11.11, 18617)
1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @ChristIO

Can you try the following?

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Fully quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser.
  • ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, but it is still the same, this does not work...

• @ChristIO

Hmm, can you open 1Password for Safari to its settings and let me know if you see a green dot in the general section?

1. Right-click 1Password for Safari.
    2. Select settings.

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm,
    I am confused...

do you mean the app in Finder "1Password for Safari" ? Right click there will give me the context menu (1),
    In Safari I have (2), no right click there...
    and from the MacOS menubar (next to the clock) I get screen 3, but that General section (="Allgemein") is not like the one you showed above (it is from 1Password for Mac).

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

Ah found it...

• Hmm, something odd is going on. Is it possible to share the URL so I can test? The forum is public. If not, can you share it privately? If you'd like to do so privately, please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• I did notice in your opening screenshot you have AdBlock enabled. Does 1Password work with it disabled?

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

thx,
    I have posted a comment which need to be approved ?

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

thx,
    I have disabled AdBlocker, it is not the problem.
    The url is (https://www.toontrack.com - then click right top "Login"), but that side is probably not the issue, it worked before...
    I checked also the login to this forum it is also not working anymore.

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

thx,
    I have disabled AdBlocker, it is not the problem.
    The url is (https://www.toontrack.com -> then click right top "Login"), but that side is probably not the issue, it worked before...
    I checked also the login to this forum it is also not working anymore.

Somehow the 1Password extention is not "starting/connecting" when clicking the button here:

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    edited January 31
    Options

sorry, double post...

• @ChristIO

Yeah let's go ahead and get you over to my colleagues in email support. They might need to look under the hood.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. ChristIO
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/144238/1password-for-safari-extention-does-not-work-anymore

I might also suggest including a diagnostic report. ⚙ About 1Password diagnostics information along with a console log. 💾 Save a console log in your browser If nothing else it will save you an email exchange asking for those details.

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks ! I will send the details tomorrow...

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    edited February 1
    Options

I got it working! Empty Safari cache,reboot and disabled "Fill from iCloud-Keychain" in systems security setting fixed it.

• @ChristIO

That's interesting. We saw something like that during the betas of 14.2, but I, perhaps erroneously in retrospect, thought it was resolved. Thanks for the followup. I truly appreciate it.

• burr
    burr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ChristIO!

@ag_tommy I had the same problem today. I fixed it by following your steps. However I had to go into System Settings --> Password Options and turn ON AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys. Then disable use passwords and passkeys from iCloud keychain. I never had the AutoFill enabled previously.

• ChristIO
    ChristIO
    Community Member
    edited February 3
    Options

one more thing...
    today there was a MacOS update (earlier it was just a Safari update), and after that the AutoFill keyboard shortcut (⌘+\) did not work anymore (AutoFill was ON), but just toggled it in System Settings --> Password Options OFF and then ON again and it did the trick...

• Thanks @ChristIO Appreciate the tip.