Filling with 1Password for Safari is not working

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited February 1 in 1Password in the Browser

I used Chrome based browsers for ages on my Mac and the 1P browser plugin was pretty darn reliable. Not perfect, but pretty good. However, recently I've been trying to use Safari on Sonoma more and the 1P plug is garbage in terms of reliability. Meaning, randomly every few days (or more often), auto fill refuses to work. I see the little lock logo in the credentials field, bit clicking does nothing. Clicking the 1P icon in the menu bar and doing autofill is equally non-functional. Yet I can go over to Vivaldi or Edge 15 seconds later, to the SAME site, and it works perfectly fine. I'm about to throw 1P out the window due to the very broken Safari plugin. Why is it such trash? I usually have to reboot my Mac to get it working. This is not Windows folks.

1Password Version: 8.10.26-11
Extension Version: 2.19
OS Version: Ventura
Browser: Safari

Comments

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the issue. And it's getting really annoying.

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    Options

I looked at other threads on the forum, and cleanup all my browser history.

Sadly, that didn't resolved the issue.

The filling of fields doesn't work at all. If I click on the 1password icon in the form, I have no popup displayed. If I click on the 1password icon in the top bar, I can search my page, but when I click on autofill nothing happens.

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    Options

And I can confirm also, that a reboot of the computer resolved the problem. Until when ?

I very rarely turn off or reboot my machine.

• Hey @TravelSD, @mickael,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with 1Password for Safari.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, could you send over some logs so we can take a closer look at what may be going wrong?

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!