Setting to enable prefixing or suffixing password with the 2FA code in the same field?

Options

Recently installed some new software which supports TOTP 2FA, however it expects the TOTP code to be prefixed or suffixed in the password field alongside the static password.

Is there an option to do this? Right now, I autofill the username and password, then click on the extension to get the TOTP code and manually add it in alongside the already filled password.

1Password Version: 8.10.24 / 81024044
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic
Browser: Firefox 122.0

Comments

• Hey @adfhogan,

Currently there is no way to use 1Password to append the 2FA code to the password but I understand this is a requirement on some websites/applications.

I will put in a request with our product team on your behalf to see if we can come up with a way to better handle these scenarios. Can you provide me with an example so I can pass on specifics?

For the meantime, the way you are currently filling this field is my best suggestion.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Steph.

In this particular case, it's an OPNsense firewall router web UI login. Once the 2FA TOTP plugin is enabled, you need to prefix or suffix, depending on settings, the password with the TOTP code in the password field on the login page.

• Hey there @adfhogan, thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay in response.

I've submitted a feature request and shared the details with our product team on your behalf, so we can come up with a better way to handle situations like this.

Let us know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

-Evon

ref: 38401636