QR code scanning no longer works

Options

I have 1Password allowed to do screen recording, but it does not popup what used to be a window on the screen. What happened as this used to work in previous versions

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macos 14.2.1
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Hi @zoobert ,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble scanning a QR code using 1Password on your Mac.

When you say that previous versions would ‘popup’ are you referring to the popup that 1Password 7 would require that you drag over to the QR code? If you are then you won’t see that popup with 1Password 8 since improvements in our scanning technology allow us to find the QR code wherever it is on the page without you having to position a window first. You can find more details here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

So that I can better understand the situation, and help further, can you please tell me the following:

• Are you trying to use 1Password in the browser (the extension) or the desktop app to scan the QR code?

• Are you trying to scan a 2FA QR code from a specific website or the setup QR code for adding your 1Password account to the app?

-Kevin

• zoobert
    zoobert
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I recall earlier versions using the drag over modal. I didn't realize it disappeared in 1P8. I realized the problem I was facing is the QR code provided by EA games was 1 of 2 and I did not have the one required. It was unclear that was the problem by either 1password or the EA site. Once I advanced passed the first QR code, 1Password did successfully scan it. Sorry for the alarm.

• I'm happy that you were able to get things working! Thanks for sharing details on what the issue ended up being and how you resolved it. 🙂

-Dave