How to export and why

Options
Helena75
Helena75
Community Member

Hi there,

I’m switching to another pw manager since I have huge problems with this plus all other tried so far….
To start with its the mandatory login with password every other week. Hey…. I can’t remember passwords, that’s why I wanted to use your app.
Next its the passwords not getting updated automatically in the app when I change them, instead I can have like 5 different passwords to the same place and with the same username and I don’t know which one is correct (if the correct one even got saved, happensvallbare invalid).
To realize my issues with pw’s I can mention I had to change my Icloud pw 7 times (!!) one weekend….
I think the app is confusing also and I don’t know how to navigator it.

Finally, how do I export a list of all login info stored, usernames and passwords?

Your support is good anyways!

Best regards,
Helena

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 17.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Helena75! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into some issues with 1Password. If you're willing to give things another go then I'm sure that we can get everything working properly by working together. I'll respond below:

To start with its the mandatory login with password every other week. Hey…. I can’t remember passwords, that’s why I wanted to use your app.

If you haven't already then please make sure that biometric unlock is turned on for your iPad:

Then, you can choose how often your account password is required by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Security.
    4. Set "Require Password" for a longer period of time such as "Every 30 days".

Next its the passwords not getting updated automatically in the app when I change them, instead I can have like 5 different passwords to the same place and with the same username and I don’t know which one is correct (if the correct one even got saved, happensvallbare invalid).

That definitely doesn't sound right. How are you updating the passwords? Are you updating them from inside of another app or browser from your iPad using AutoFill? Or are you manually editing the passwords using the 1Password app itself on your iPad?

Finally, how do I export a list of all login info stored, usernames and passwords?

You can export your data from 1Password by using a Mac or a Windows PC: How to export your data from the 1Password desktop app

There isn't a way to export/import data using the iPad.

-Dave