Improving the flow of recovering account if no device are logged in

Options
nicos18
nicos18
Community Member
edited February 4 in Unlock with passkeys

About the recovery account process, I saw that it's necessary to have access to the email address to confirm the recover process using the recover code, but I think that in some cases it's not reliable, as if one doesn't have access to the email account (especially if 2FA is enabled) could be problematic.

I was thinking if, maybe, the recovery process could be improved by adding other recover options, such as a set of questions to be answered (not only one question).

The list of possible round questions could be:

1) Name and Surname
2) Date of birth
3) Place of Birth
4) Mother name and surname
5) Father name and surname
6) DOB of both mother and father

Or (I don't know if it's legally and technically possible), it could be provided a method of scanning an NFC ID (for example, I have my Italian electronic ID card that is NFC), and so it could be used to recognize the user.

I hope that the recovery process would be improved, because as it is, it's not realiable.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @nicos18! 👋

Thank you for trying the passkey unlock beta and for sharing your feedback, we appreciate your help in making 1Password even better. 🙂

I was thinking if, maybe, the recovery process could be improved by adding other recover options, such as a set of questions to be answered (not only one question).

That sounds like an interesting idea, I'll pass your comments along to the team so that they can look into this as they continue to work on passkey unlock and recovery options.

-Dave

ref: PB-38155151