Connect to additional browsers (Signed Chromium)

Options
dlaskjlkj43o98js
dlaskjlkj43o98js
Community Member
edited February 6 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi.

I'm having difficulties with connecting the 1Password Browser Extension into the Chromium application.

I've connected the Chromium browser for the integration along with signing Chromium with my own developer certificate.

As can be seen on the images, 1Password cannot find the native messaging host. Shouldn't this be created automatically from 1Password here: ~/Library/Application Support/Chromium/NativeMessagingHosts/ but 1Password fails to do so if this is the case.

I

I've also tried to copy the com.1password.1password.json file from

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/com.1password.1password.json
to

~/Library/Application Support/Chromium/NativeMessagingHosts/com.1password.1password.json

When I do this it correctly finds the helper tool but fails to verify Chromium even though I've already allowed it:

Received <BrowserVerificationFailed> from the native core

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: 14.3 (23D56)
Browser: Chromium

Comments

• Hey @dlaskjlkj43o98js, thank you for reaching out!

I'm sorry for the trouble, I'd like to take a closer look at the issue you're experiencing. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• dlaskjlkj43o98js
    dlaskjlkj43o98js
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is: FLZ-31462-575

• @dlaskjlkj43o98js

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you another reply via email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: FLZ-31462-575

• pgiguere1
    pgiguere1
    Community Member
    Options

@dlaskjlkj43o98js

I also ran into your first issue ("Specified native messaging app host not found") using signed Chromium.

I tried your solution (copying com.1password.1password.json), and it actually fixed my issue entirely. I'm not running into your second issue ("BrowserVerificationFailed"). So thanks!

This is the signed Chromium binary I'm using: https://github.com/claudiodekker/ungoogled-chromium-macos/releases/tag/121.0.6167.160-1.1

I'm not sure what might be different between my Chromium version and yours, but you might want to give it a try and see if it works. Note that I'm not the repo's author, I found it through a GitHub issue.

• Hey @pgiguere1,

Thank you for sharing this information! I'm glad you were able to get things working.

• dlaskjlkj43o98js
    dlaskjlkj43o98js
    Community Member
    Options

I think I may have signed my chromium application incorrectly, bu the Chromium from Claudiodekker does indeed work.

• Hi @dlaskjlkj43o98js 👋

I'm happy to hear that worked for you! If you’d like to further troubleshoot the issue with your self-signed Chromium browser, I see that a colleague of mine has responded to your support ticket a few days ago. My colleague is in contact with our development team and will be able to provide you with tailored advice using the information in your diagnostics report and account which I don’t have access to here on the public forum.

If you're not seeing that reply, try checking your email's spam/junk folder. You can reply to that email and we'll be happy to further assist.

-Trevor