Google payments requires verification via QR code

Options

I have passkeys enabled with 1password browser extension. They have worked fine until today.

I'm trying to login to payments.google.com and its requiring me to verify my account and only gives me 2 options (see pic):

• "android phone - use passkey from a device with a camera"
  • security key

when i scan with my camera google fails to find a passkey. i dont have a yubikey or anything so im not sure why its asking about a security key (its not enabled in my account profile either)

how can i login? obviously google doesnt have support so can yall help escalate this issue with them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @drewbuntu! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when signing into your Google account. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me if you've saved a passkey for your Google account in 1Password or some other location?

If you did then can you confirm which browser you're using? Can you try to login using a different browser just to see if that works?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• drewbuntu
    drewbuntu
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, i have saved my passkey for google in 1password.

The pic above is firefox but i have also tried in chrome

• Dave_1P
    edited February 9
    Options

@drewbuntu

Thanks for the reply. Make sure that you're using version 2.20.0 of our browser extension for Chrome. We also just released an updated version of 1Password for Firefox, can you please update and see if that makes a difference: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

If you are already using the latest versions and still seeing the same issue then, using Chrome, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• drewbuntu
    drewbuntu
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you - i have emailed the debug log

• @drewbuntu

Thank you for sending the logs. Your email made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: CUS-24454-731