Missing logins from SSO 'sign-in with' list

Options

When I login to various sites using Google OAuth, 1password is not saving nor offering to save which SSO provider I used. When I edit the individual record manually, I can select 'Google' and I can select one of my Gmail accounts, but the others are all missing. How do I make my other Gmail/Google Workspace accounts appear in the list of SSO options?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: macos 14.3
Browser: Any/All

Comments

• notmax
    notmax
    Community Member
    edited February 6
    Options

Eh, this is a bit worse: if I create a new record in 1password, more but not all of Gmail my accounts appear. But if I edit an existing record, only a sub-set is shown. Is this a bug?

• Dave_1P
    edited February 8
    Options

Hello @notmax! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not being prompted to save your sign in provider in the browser. 2.18.2 is an older version of the extension for most browsers. Please update to the latest version: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

If that still doesn't work then make sure that the "sign in with" feature is turned on:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Autofill.
    4. Make sure that Offer to save "sign-in with" logins and Stop competing "sign-in with" pop-ups in the browser are both turned on.

Does that improve the situation in the browser?

When I edit the individual record manually, I can select 'Google' and I can select one of my Gmail accounts, but the others are all missing. How do I make my other Gmail/Google Workspace accounts appear in the list of SSO options?

Are you editing the the item using the 1Password for Mac desktop app? If you are then, so that I can better understand the situation, are you using a collection: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• notmax
    notmax
    Community Member
    edited February 7
    Options

Updated, both of the settings you describe are on. When I'm editing in 1password for Mac, I'm doing it under "All Accounts" which includes three vaults, in both the browser plugin and the client. I created a Collection for everything, same thing:

1. Not offering to save which provider I'm using when I login using any provider, whether it's on the list or not -> maybe because this only happens when I create a new account?
    2. Different and incomplete lists of sign-in options in the browser plugin and the macos client.

What's interesting is that if I exclude some vaults from my 'test' collection (for instance, my kids logins in the Family vault), they still appear in the list of sign-in options in the macos client, they do not go away. (And the ones I'm missing do not appear.)

How do you decide what goes in the list of sign-in with options?

• @notmax

You'll see "sign in with" options from other items within the same 1Password account. If you're trying, for example, to add something from your work 1Password account into an item in your personal 1Password account, that won't work, because we can't be sure that both of them will be unlocked at the same time.

You mentioned excluding some vaults from a collection and still seeing those items – that's to be expected in this case, since they are all still from within the same 1Password account.