Some passwords do not autofill

Options
OLMan
OLMan
Community Member
edited February 7 in 1Password in the Browser

I am just getting started here, so...

Sometimes I select one off the items in my list and it gets to the site fine, but dos not autofill, but rather waits for me to do it.

Also, can it be set to autofill and then login automatically?

OlMan Chuck
1Password version 2.20.0
OS Windows 10 Pro
Extension Version Unfound

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @OLMan! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry that you're running into some issues with filling. Just so that I'm understanding the situation correctly: are you clicking on "Open and Fill" after hovering over a website address in 1Password? If you are then are you clicking "Open and Fill" from the desktop app or from 1Password in the browser?

Does filling sometimes happen automatically after you click "Open and Fill"? Is it does then can you share one of the websites where it isn't working? Don't share your username or password, just the website address.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• OLMan
    OLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, sorry for the delay...give me a moment to try 1PW a bit more and if problems still persist, I'll return...

• Dave_1P
    edited February 9
    Options

Sounds good, the team and I will be here to help if you do run into the issue again. 🙂

-Dave

• OLMan
    OLMan
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1P installed for Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. No matter what browser or site, I seem unable to get to the site and have the login data filled ( and then proceed to login, but that's evidently down the road as yet).

What steps do I need to take to get 1P working?

Chuck Billow

1Password Version: 8.10.24
    Extension Version: 2.20.0
    OS Version: Windows 10 pro
    Browser: Chrome and Edge

• @OLMan

Thanks for reaching out. Do you see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar? If you don't then please try the steps in this article: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

If you do see 1Password in your browser's toolbar then what do you see when you click on a username or password field on a website? You should see the 1Password icon in the field and then a login suggestion underneath like this:

Clicking on the login suggestion will have 1Password fill your username and login into the page. Can you tell what you see on your end? Once I hear back from you I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• OLMan
    OLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, I see the login choice, but clicking does not always fill the fields. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I( WAS on v7, but just updated to v8. Still having autofill issues. I use Quick Access, click the link, and it goes to the site, but then just sits there.

• Hello there @OLMan, thank you for your reply.

Are you experiencing this behaviour on all websites or on a specific one? If it's a specific website, can you share the website URL so we can test things out on our end?

If it's on all websites, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

1. First, please recreate the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    4. Attach both files to your email.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon