Disabling MFA autofill?

Options

Per my company's policies, I keep my multifactor authentication (TOTP) codes in a different tool than my passwords (for which I use1Password). Is there a way to disable the 1Password popup on the MFA page?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.3
Browser: Chrome & Firefox

Comments

• dougharris
    dougharris
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I'd like to disable

• Dave_1P
    edited February 8
    Options

@dougharris

Thank you for the report and screenshot! I've shared your feedback with the team so that we can improve 1Password's suggestions in one-time password fields on websites. For the time being, pressing the esc key on your keyboard will allow you to dismiss 1Password's suggestions and type in your one-time password.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#11360
    ref: PB-38211403

[edit: Clarity]

• dougharris
    dougharris
    Community Member
    Options

Not just on github.com – on any site. I never want to be prompted to fill in an MFA code from 1Password.

Not only that, but could your development team make it so that if an MFA code is not stored for a particular site that the autofill isn't offered?

• Dave_1P
    edited February 8
    Options

@dougharris

I'm sorry for the confusion. I've edited my previously comment to clarify that your feedback applies to other websites, not just the one example that you shared.

I've passed your comments along to the team. For now, pressing esc or clicking on the 1Password icon in the 2FA code field is the best workaround.

-Dave