https://client.schwab.com/

Can you help, please?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @weblackey! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when filling your login. I've just created a test login for https://client.schwab.com/ and I was able to fill that login with no issue using Safari on my Mac. As a first step can you please do the following:

1. Update 1Password for Safari. You're using 2.15.1 which is an older version: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser
    2. Restart Safari.

Then try to fill your login again. If that doesn't work then can you tell me what isn't working specifically? Are you seeing a suggestion from 1Password for your login credentials on the Schwab page? Is either the Login ID or password filling? Or are both not filling?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24316

• weblackey
    weblackey
    Community Member
    edited February 12
    Options

I cannot install an update for this, I get a message telling me I need at least macOS 11. My machine can't update past Catalina. I suppose I need to live with it until I can upgrade the hardware?

The outdated 1Password for Safari application is now gone from Extensions. Can I get the old one back somehow? Thanks for all your attention.

• @weblacky

Thanks for the reply. 1Password in your browser requires Safari 16 or later on macOS Big Sur 11 or later. If you're using an older version of macOS and Safari then you won't be able to use the latest version of the browser extension.

macOS 10.15.7 hasn't been updated for a year and half which means that you're missing several important security updates. I recommend using the latest version of both macOS and your browser so that you and your data remain protected. That being said, I know that older Macs can't always be updated.

The outdated 1Password for Safari application is now gone from Extensions. Can I get the old one back somehow? Thanks for all your attention.

The direct link to 1Password for Safari is here: ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store

If you're unable to update to the latest version of Safari then you could try switching to a different browser that is still capable of receiving updates on your Mac. Options include Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and more. You can then install the latest version of 1Password in that browser: 1Password in the browser

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• weblackey
    weblackey
    Community Member
    Options

Just to wrap up this thread, I've discovered a method to update my iMac despite it being too old for the OS now installed. It is working splendidly for now. I'm well aware this is not the best way to get things working, and of course there will be a point where even this won't be an option, but well before then I should have replaced my hardware.

TLDR; I've got things updated and am using the latest versions now. I appreciate your time! Now back to work getting my family to use secure practices by default. Not an easy task...

• Thank you for the update @weblackey,

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.