Error when updating a password: "Item not saved: problem with vault selector."

Options
JBEAN74
JBEAN74
Community Member
edited February 8 in 1Password in the Browser

I receive the following error when trying to update a password: "Item not saved: problem with vault selector."

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 81024044
OS Version: 14.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @JBEAN74! 👋

I'm sorry that you're receiving an error message when updating a password. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you updating the password by using a suggestion from 1Password in the browser or by using the desktop app?
    2. If you close and reopen the browser can you reproduce the same error message when you try to update the password again?
    3. Is the issue only happening on one website or on several?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27677

• JBEAN74
    JBEAN74
    Community Member
    Options
    1. using the desktop app
    2. Didn't try. Too late to try
    3. I don't think so
  • @JBEAN74

Thank you for the reply. So that we can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac or Windows PC:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• rgcarr
    rgcarr
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing exactly the same error

• Hey @rgcarr,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you also send in the details Dave has requested above so we can take a closer look at what is going wrong?

Thank you!

• rgcarr
    rgcarr
    Community Member
    Options

I raised a support ticket KWF-62837-149, but was asked for browser console logs - which I can't do until the error occurs again. Will try over coming week

• Thank you for sharing that @rgcarr, I have located your support ticket.

ref: KWF-62837-149

• mentionme
    mentionme
    Community Member
    Options

We're also seeing this same issue with a couple of users in our organisation. I'm going to raise a separate ticket to attach the diagnostics file to.

• Hi @mentionme,

Thanks for contacting us!

I've located the ticket you sent via email and can confirm that we've received your diagnostics report. One of my colleagues will be replying soon, let's continue our conversation there.

-David

ref: KTX-66636-861