Business Teams, inviting someone with an existing solo account

Options
LTParis
LTParis
Community Member

I am moving my work-specific 1P objects into a work-specific account. All is good on my end since my 1P main account was setup with my personal email. I now have one personal and two work-specific accounts for the record.

The problem is inviting the president of the company who already has his own 1P solo account, but it's setup under his work email. So I wanted to understand the ramifications of him accepting the invite.

1) will it even allow since he already has a solo account?
2) if so will his current data just be moved into a private share under this new setup?
3) how does billing get handled at that point where he has a solo but also a work invite,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @LTParis,

Thanks for asking about using multiple 1Password accounts at home and at work. It's my pleasure to discuss this with you today.

1) will it even allow since he already has a solo account?

Yes it will allow them to join. If someone is invited to join a 1Password account (Team, Business, or Families) it won't matter if they have a user account with the same address under another 1Password account. The only exception is creating a 1Password (individuals) account if another account of the same tier already uses the same email address.

2) if so will his current data just be moved into a private share under this new setup?

Data isn't automatically moved between accounts. If they were using 1Password 7 in combination with a standalone vault, the migration tool may offer them to move the data into the new account. In other cases, they would want to manually Move or copy items to the correct vault in the correct account. Encourage them to keep personal data into a personal account while moving work data to a company owned account.

3) how does billing get handled at that point where he has a solo but also a work invite,

Each 1Password account is billed by the number of active team or family members within the account. Any other accounts they may have access to have no bearing on the billing for other accounts.

With that said, they may be able to get a free 1Password Families membership if you use 1Password Business. This promotion only allows a Families account to be free when linked with a Business account. There is no change in billing for the Business account regardless of if the promotion is redeemed or not.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers!