Trouble getting started with 1Password

Options
RKCaplan
RKCaplan
Community Member
edited February 9 in 1Password in the Browser

Where is Preferences located in the individual accounts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

Why isn't 1Password asking me to save new usernames, logins or passwords or anything else I'm logging into for the first time?

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

How can I view the 1Password login text? The most common way I've seen is an eye logo which allows the user to toggle back and forth between a mask and the text being entered.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 9
    Options

Hello @RKCaplan! 👋

Welcome to the community! I've merged your questions all into one thread so that we can keep the conversation in one place. I'll respond below:

Why isn't 1Password asking me to save new usernames, logins or passwords or anything else I'm logging into for the first time?

As a first step, please make sure that you've installed 1Password in your browser: Get 1Password in your browser

Once 1Password is installed you can save a new login by clicking on Save in 1Password (which will appear under the password field) once you've finished typing your username and password in the webpage:

You can read more about using 1Password here: Get to know 1Password in your browser

Where is Preferences located in the individual accounts?

If you have 1Password installed in your browser then you can access extension settings by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and then clicking Settings.

If you don't see 1Password in the toolbar then please see this guide: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

How can I view the 1Password login text? The most common way I've seen is an eye logo which allows the user to toggle back and forth between a mask and the text being entered.

Are you referring to your 1Password account password that you use to unlock the extension for the browser? If you are then you can click the eye icon to reveal your account password:

If you're referring to another password then can you clarify which one? Posting a screenshot (that doesn't contain any sensitive information) can help me to better understand the question. 🙂

-Dave

[edit: merged answers together]

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and there is no eye logo. I have a screenshot to send you but it won't upload here.

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not getting the "Save in 1Password" message shown in your reply.

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

I've found the settings.

Thank you.

I've always seen Preferences in the application after logging in, not on the browser toolbar as a separate access.

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get the eye icon to show in my 1Password login so I can see what I'm typing?

• RKCaplan
    RKCaplan
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get the "Save in 1Password" message to show?

• @RKCaplan

Thanks for the reply. I've merged all of your threads together so that we can keep the conversation in the same place.

I see that you've also opened a ticket with our support team via email. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible, please keep an eye on your inbox.

To avoid having the same conversation in two different places at once, I'm closing this forum thread.

-Dave

ref: HSU-72316-844

This discussion has been closed.