Community Member

URL: https://my.account.sony.com/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @jjstipe

When you say 1Password is "not working" with your Sony account login, could you tell me a bit more about that? The URL https://my.account.sony.com/ just returns "Not Found", so if you're able to let me know the exact URL and what the specific error is, I can look into it. :)

— Grey

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited February 12
    Options

If you can view the video at [removed URL due to exposed email addresses]

You’ll see an error when starting the login my using 1Password to fill the email address, but when the email address is typed manually, the process moves forward and 1Password can be used to complete the login

• @jjstipe

I've removed the link to Google Drive, since the screen recording included exposed email addresses. In this case, I would imagine it'll be more effective to troubleshoot this with you by email, so Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

HFW-47292-515

• @jjstipe Thanks! I've made sure your enquiry is with the right team, and they'll reply to you as soon as they can.

• ToffenDask
    ToffenDask
    Community Member
    Options

I just got the announcement about passkey support from Sony today, and ran into issues as well after setting it up with 1Password:

1. Open https://playstation.com
    2. «Sign in» at top right
    3. In the email field, select the 1Password item showing the passkey symbol from the dropdown
    4. Immediately an error page «Something went wrong» appears
  • telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited February 28
    Options

@ToffenDask @GreyM1P

I get the same issue as OP, I don't have passkey set up yet, but I do notice that signing into playstation website is a little broken with 1password autofill, if you let it autofill login email it throws a sign in error, manually typing email address works fine then password autofill also works.

If you use password or passkey, it seems clear that there is an issue with the autofill email on playstation website. Hopefully 1p can investigate why this is.

• schasin
    schasin
    Community Member
    Options

+1. When I use autofill for email address, it errors out. When I manually enter email address, it works as it should, and I login successfully

• @ToffenDask, @telUK, @schasin

I'm sorry that you're all also affected by the issue. I can confirm that our developers are aware and are working to update 1Password in the browser in order to fix the issue in future versions. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For the time being, you can copy and paste your email address into Sony's login page to workaround the issue.

Let me now if the workaround doesn't work for you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27516

• schasin
    schasin
    Community Member
    edited February 29
    Options

@Dave_1P

That does work, copy and paste of email address or manually typing email address is ok. Autofilling via 1Password errors out. As long as you manually enter or copy and paste, passkey works

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I also ran into this a couple of times and always blamed the Sony website, until I tried copy/paste…

(Before discovering this post)

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Not tried the copy/paste method yet, but sounds like it works from the other poster above testing it, glad to hear it will get fixed in an update. Thanks

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you all for reporting the issue, hopefully a fix is released soon in a future update to 1Password in the browser.

-Dave

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

+1. When I use autofill for email address, it errors out. When I manually enter email address, it works as it should, and I login successfully

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Steven78

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, the team hopes to get a fix released in a future update as soon as possible.

-Dave

• sircompo
    sircompo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm surprised this fix still hasn't been released yet, even if it means disabling autofill for the affected domains.
    At least then you won't have a bunch of users pulling their hair out assuming the issue is on their Sony/PlayStation account. It wasn't until after I'd gone through the rigmarole of disabling the passkey I'd set up that I realised the issue still existed and started looking at other factors.

I presume you don't have a signature/config channel for releasing website customisations that's separate from the main app (akin to Anti-Virus signatures)? If not, perhaps you should consider it for 1Password 9.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sircompo

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you're signing into the website then can you try the following:

1. Open Safari on your iOS device.
    2. Go to https://playstation.com
    3. Tap Sign in.
    4. Tap on the "Sign-In ID (Email Address) field.
    5. Tap on the "passkey for this website" prompt from above your keyboard.

Do these steps allow you to sign in? If they don't then which step doesn't work?

-Dave