Transferring 1Password from Galaxy Note 10+ to Galaxy S24 Ultra

Options
AlbaNZ
AlbaNZ
Community Member
edited February 12 in Android

Hi,
We have a family account, which we've had for several years. There are just two members in this family account - me and my wife. I am the main account holder.

Today, we upgraded my wife's Galaxy phone. The 1Password app transferred OK, but we cannot login.

When we open 1Password on the new Galaxy S24 Ultra, there are 6 options:
1) Scan setup code
2) Sigh in with Emergency kit
3) Sign in on onepassword.com
4) Enter account details
5) Sign in with passkey (which I thought was what we needed to do)
6) Sign in with SSO (which we never used on the old phone)

I tried option 4 - enter account details, which then asks for a sign-in address (that has https://my.1password.com defaulted in the field). The other fields are: email address, secret key and password.

And option 5 - sign in with passkey again has the same email as option 4 and an email address.

I would appreciate help with how to get this done.
I don't know the version of 1Password on the new phone because we can't login! But on the old phone it is 1Password for Android 8.10.24.
On the new phone, the Android version is 14, and the Samsung One UI version is 6.1

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi there @AlbaNZ

The Setup Code is usually the easiest option (which is why it's top of the list!). You can find instructions on how to find a Setup Code in 1Password on the old phone here:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Scan that Setup Code using 1Password on the new phone and then you'll be able to enter the account password and sign in.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• AlbaNZ
    AlbaNZ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @GreyM1P that worked perfectly! Highly appreciated.

• @AlbaNZ – You're welcome. Glad I could help! :)