Constant session expires tab popping up

Options
SharkyGenX67
SharkyGenX67
Community Member
edited February 21 in 1Password in the Browser

I keep getting a new tab opening up saying my 1P session has expired, please log in again with your Master Password.

This is happening in Firefox and Edge Chrome.
This is happening on A W10 and a W11 machine.
I have the 1P app installed on my machine.

I have already followed these instructions

Open your browser.
Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select Settings.
Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account.
Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
If you use the 1Password desktop app on your computer, go back to General and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Now the browser app is saying it cannot connect to the desktop app, even though it's open and signed into. And the session-expired tabs are still opening all the time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 121.200.29.28
OS Version: W11
Browser: EdgeChrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 16
    Options

Hello @SharkyGenX67! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing messages saying that your session is expired and that 1Password in the browser can't connect to the desktop app. So that we can investigate further, can you please send in the following to our support team:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• SharkyGenX67
    SharkyGenX67
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thank you for the directions, however the first link you sent me asks that I "recreate" the issue and then capture the logs. This issue isn't something I can force, it just happens.

Secondly, the instructions from the second link. Nowhere can I see an advanced section in either my browser app settings or in my desktop app settings. Nor can I see anything resembling "send logs/reports" etc etc.

what now?

• @SharkyGenX67

I'm sorry that the instructions aren't as clear as they could be. So that I can determine if you're affected by the known issue that I mentioned earlier in this thread, can you tell me the following:

1. Is two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? If it it then are you using Duo or Okta or just another authenticator app?
    2. Do you have the desktop app installed?
    3. In the "Security" section of the extension's settings, do you have "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• SharkyGenX67
    SharkyGenX67
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again. Yes I have 2FA using the Microsoft Authenticator app. Yes I have the 1P app installed locally on both machines. Yes the toggle is off.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 21
    Options

@SharkyGenX67

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the issue that you noted in your original email, where the browser extension and the desktop app aren't able to communicate, is contributing to the issue in your case.

I see that you're in contact with our team over email, you'll receive another reply soon. Please continue the conversation there. Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: YRR-55897-236

This discussion has been closed.