Passkeys Broken In Latest macOS 14.3.1 Update

Options

I am no longer able to use Passkeys in the latest update of Sonoma. First I get a pop-up from macOS that only allows me to fill passkeys from iCloud and there are no settings to use 1Password.. Next, if I try and update an existing it does not work and I have to create a new entry. Then I am not always prompted for the passkey login and If the entry has a password it does not seem to work. I am trying this is on LinkedIn.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the macOS pop-up!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

So I turned on Passkeys but turned off iCloud and it looks like I was able to update an existing 1P entry. However now I cannot get it to login to LInkedIn with passkey. I was able to do this when the entry did not have a password.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I get this pop-up but looks like still not working right cus It wants to use an external device now.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I turned on iCloud for Passwords and it worked bugt Really Buggy! Does not always pop-up with Passkeys fill and since iCloud is on that is causing conflicts with 1P.

• Hello @mdvzo! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble saving and signing in with a passkey on Linkedin.com. 1Password doesn't use the setting in your screenshot and, as a first step, I'd like you to turn off Safari's built-in passkey functionality so that it doesn't interfere with 1Password:

1. Click on the  in the menu bar and click System Settings.
    2. Click Passwords.
    3. Click Password Options.
    4. Turn off both "Autofill passwords and passkeys" and "iCloud Keychain".

Next, make sure that Safari is configured properly:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click Safari next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click AutoFill.
    5. Turn off "Usernames and passwords".

Then fully close Safari and reopen it and try to sign in to Linkedin.com using your passkey again: Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser

Let me know if you still see issues.

-Dave

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, Thanks that is what I have configured. Right now it is working properly and pops up with the option in the top right corner of Safari to fill my Passkey. I did have to reboot for another reason so perhaps that made a difference. I also tried Chrome and it is working too. I will keep you posted if things change.

• I'm happy that everything is working now. If you do run into any issues then the team and I are here to help. 🙂

-Dave