confirmed conflict between Dropbox and 1PW extension

Options

For some time now, if I am on the Dropbox web site and try to download a single file of mine using Safari, nothing happens; I have to select two or more files and then download the archive file. I tried this in a private browsing window, and was then able to download a single file as desired. I then noticed that 1PW was not enabled in a private window, so I clicked the option to enable it in a Private Browsing session and downloading single files failed anew. Unchecking that box restored the ability to download a single file since the 1PW extension was no longer active.

Can this be investigated? Thanks. To summarize:

Go to Dropbox's Web site to try to download a single file, but with the 1PW Safari extension enabled: cannot download a file by itself.
Now try it with 1PW disabled. It works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS 14
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @dtoub, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with 1Password.

You're right, I can confirm that there is a known issue when downloading files from Dropbox if 1Password for Safari is enabled. We have an internal work item filed with our development team and I've added you as an affected user to that report.

While we can't give an exact timeframe on a fix, any updates will be posted on our website if you are interested -> 1Password Releases.

Thank you again for reporting this, @dtoub.

-Evon

ref:#23898