getdaniel
Community Member

Hello,

So how I mostly use 1Password on my phone (and tablet) is by:
1. Open the app
2. Go to "Search" and search for the credentials I'm interested in
3. Copy the credentials
4. Log in
5. Either close the app through the task manager or not even come back to it until needed again

This is a very frequent use case.

The problem here is that after doing this, the next time I open the 1Password application, it has "remebered" where it was previously left (the last credentials I saw), even when force closing the application, and going back to the search bar is rather cumbersome and annoying. I have to press the back button to exit the credentials, and afterwards the search bar input still contains the text I wrote the last time I used the app, so I have to either delete it manually, or press the X button on the right margin to clear the input. Both actions are tedious to do.

I wish that the app would just "reset" back to the home screen and forget what I did in the last session. This was how it worked in the previous version of 1Password (before the whole redesign) and this new behavior introduces a lot more steps to use the app. Is there any chance this could be reverted? Or even if it is with a toggle that'd be amazing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @getdaniel

I understand that you find it tedious when the 1Password app reopens to the same item and preserves the search results.

While that is expected behaviour with the app, I can definitely see how resetting the search state when re-opening the app would be beneficial for your workflow and I've filed a feature request with the Product Team on your behalf. I can't make any promises as to if or when a change will be made, but your feedback will be seen by the team and taken into consideration when they plan the roadmap moving forward.

Let me know if you have any questions moving forward.

ref: PB-38294992