Some problems I am having with the beta passkey version

Options
mitch5319
mitch5319
Community Member
edited March 1 in Unlock with passkeys

I opened a 1PW beta unlock with passkey account when this feature was first introduced. It works fine across my IOS devices using the paid app, but trying to setup a security key on 1Password.com, I couldn’t get the security key to work. I went through all the steps of setting up the security key. I would end up with the screen that said, “Your session has expired. Sign in again to continue.”
Before that screen there was an error message that flashed by so fast that you wouldn’t see it. I did a screen recording that’s the only way I could see the error message. It said,
“This action is not permitted. Refresh the page and sign in to try again.” So I have not been able to set up the yubikey. The option on 1Password.com to set up the security key takes you through a process that in the end isn’t permitted.

Today I set up another test account. The set up process went fine but I can’t sign in. Didn’t get to the part where you save a recovery key. Never could use this account. A screen comes up saying. “Grant access to your account. Look for a request on any trusted device.” No request comes. I am just setting this up the first time on my iPad so I don’t have any other trusted devices for this account and a notice does not come up for you to select the allow to receive a notification code. Although in the past I have had this notice.
“Didn’t get a code” just takes you back to the webpage to start a new account and it says a “A 1Password account already exists for…(the email I used)”

In conclusion, I can’t add a security key when I am logged into 1Password.com. It is not allowed. But you can go through all the steps as if you are adding a security key. (For the 2FA in my paid account I have 2 yubi keys added. Everything with the paid account works great)
I can create a new test account on 1Password.com. But can’t sign into it. No allow button appears.
I don’t have any questions just stating the problems I am having.

Comments

• Hello @mitch5319! 👋

Thank you for helping us test the passkey unlock beta and for reporting issues that you've run into. Let's start by taking a look at the following issue:

So I have not been able to set up the yubikey. The option on 1Password.com to set up the security key takes you through a process that in the end isn’t permitted.

Can you tell me what platform and what browser you're using? For example, are you using Safari on the Mac? Can you also tell me if you see the same issue when using a different browser (or a different device entirely) to add the security key to your test account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• mitch5319
    mitch5319
    Community Member
    Options

I am using iPad iOS 17.3.1 and Safari browser. 1Password for iPadOS 8.10.26
    Tried chrome but couldn’t get very far as it says it’s a new device and wants me allow this device. But no allow button. New device request shows on my iPhone but just opens up 1Password.
    Another issue occurred. Couldn’t copy and paste from 1Password. To paste the url or email address in the browser. Rebooted the iPad. Worked fine for a few minutes. Then again wouldn’t copy from 1Password. Copy and paste worked fine copying just plain text from this forum. Then copied my email address from 1Password to paste in the browser but instead it pasted the previous text I had copied from this forum.

• @mitch5319

Thank you for the reply. So that our team can investigate these issues further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• mitch5319
    mitch5319
    Community Member
    Options

MKZ-86534-233

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mitch5319

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as they've reviewed the diagnostics report.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: MKZ-86534-233

This discussion has been closed.